LEE & LEE HUCKINS HOTEL
Oscar G. Lee built the Lee Hotel was built in 1900 at 22 N Broadway at the Southeast corner of Main & Broadway, shown in the 1st picture. In 1908, that building was totally destroyed by fire. According to Terry L. Griffith, Images of America: Oklahoma City, Land Run To Statehood, at p. 56, the hotel contained the city's 1st electric elevator and both Buffalo Bill Cody and Theodore Roosevelt were guests there. In 1908-09, it was rebuilt, together with its 'Annex' to the South (right). At some point in time, the hotel began using the name, 'Huckins'. The 3rd picture shows the lobby of the 1910 Lee Huckins, replete with its modern floor amenities.