OVERHOLSER OPERA HOUSE / ORPHEUM THEATRE
The Overholser Opera House was built in 1903 at 217 W. Grand and such notables as Sarah Bernhardt and Lillian Russell performed there.
New owners acquired the building in 1917 and rebuilt it to become the Orpheum Theatre, seating 1,040. The Orpheum opened in 1921 and was destroyed in the mid-1960s.
The top image shows its location (at the right) relative to the 1910 Colcord.
The bottom image looks Northwest from the South side of Grand.
The bottom image is from The Vanished Spendor (Vol II), written and assembled by Jim Edwards, Mitchell Oliphant (Abalache Book Shop Publishing Co, Okc, 1983).