PETROLEUM BUILDING

The Petroleum Building was built in 1926 at 134 Robert S. Kerr, then Second Street. At 18 or 20 stories, it was the tallest downtown building until 1931, when Ramsey Tower & 1st National Bank were done. It was home to the fine Petroleum Club which overlooked downtown but which is now located in the Chase Tower.

Today, this building is the Dowell Building.

1920s.petroleum.jpg
1930s.skyscrapers.jpg
Petroleum with its new neighbors.